Hipot tester, according to its function, can be called electrical insulation strength tester, dielectric strength tester, etc. Its working principle is: apply a voltage higher than the normal working voltage to the insulator of the equipment under test for a specified period of time. The voltage applied to it will only produce a small leakage current, and the insulation is better.
During long-term operation, electrical appliances not only have to withstand the effects of the rated working voltage, but also the effects of overvoltage that are higher than the rated working voltage for a short period of time during operation (the overvoltage value may be several times higher than the rated working voltage value) . Under the influence of these voltages, the internal structure of electrically insulating materials will change. When the overvoltage intensity reaches a certain value, the insulation of the material will break down, the electrical appliance will not be able to operate normally, and the operator may get electric shock, endangering personal safety.
Therefore, conducting strict hipot tests on electrical appliances is a procedure that must not be ignored or completed casually. This is related to the operation of the world woven by the power grid, and is related to the life safety of every tiny person in the power grid.
Push,China specializes in producing hipot testers,and have served clients from all over the world.If buyers are interested with hipot test,please read this article.
How to perform the hipot test?
1. Check to confirm that the main power switch of the hipot tester is in the “off” position
2. Unless the instrument is specially designed, all non-energized metal parts must be reliably grounded.
3. Connect the wires or terminals of all power input terminals of the device under test
4. Close all power switches, relays, etc. of the equipment under test
5. Adjust the test voltage of transformer hi pot tester to zero
6. Connect the high voltage output line (usually red) of the hipot tester to the power input of the device under test
7. Connect the loop ground wire (usually black) of the hipot tester to the accessible non-energized metal part of the equipment under test
8. Turn on the main power switch of the hipot tester and slowly increase the secondary voltage of the instrument to the required value. Generally, the voltage boost speed does not exceed the speed of 500 V/sec.
9. Maintain this test voltage within the specified time
10. Slowly lower the test voltage
11. Turn off the main power switch of the hipot tester. First disconnect the high voltage output line of the hipot tester, and then disconnect the loop ground wire of the hipot tester.
AC hipot tester and DC hipot tester
The DC hipot tester mainly tests the insulation strength of the object under test by applying DC voltage to determine its reliability and safety. The AC withstand voltage meter uses AC voltage, and performs waveform analysis and frequency control during the test process. It can more accurately detect the insulation strength of the object under test under AC voltage, and analyze parameters such as leakage current and dielectric loss. Measurement analysis.
DC hipot testers are usually used in fields such as high-voltage electrical appliance insulation testing and power cable insulation testing. Because the test process is relatively simple and the damage to the object under test is small under DC voltage, the DC hipot tester is suitable for long-term testing, the need to apply multiple voltages to the object under test, or low insulation strength requirements.
The test accuracy of the DC hipot tester is relatively low because it does not consider factors such as dielectric loss and leakage current during the test process. However, this accuracy can already meet ordinary needs.
Push,China hold this point of view that,buyers should the proper hipot tester,instead of the more expensive one.After all,both hipot testers from Push can guarantee their quality and function.